From: Manuel Angel Gomez
Subject: Invalid page fault running Allegro Lisp
I am getting the "Invalid page fault (caused by LISP.EXE)"
error running Allegro Common Lisp (Proffesional 3.0 version).

Sometimes it happens loading Allegro. Most
of the times I get the error when I am trying to load a big
application called Loom. Sometimes at the beginning,
sometimes in the middle, sometimes at the end...
But I really can not load the entire application. Never.

I have a P-200 with 32 Mb. RAM and Win-95

The funny thing is that I put all the programs in an old
486 with 8 Mb of RAM and Win-95 and I have no errors.
It works OK. (If you don't mind waiting for an hour until
the entire application is loaded).

Can anybody tell me how can I fix this error? (If you
need more information please mail me)

I'll really appreciate your help.

	Manuel

·······@arrakis.es
From: Donald H. Mitchell
Subject: Re: Invalid page fault running Allegro Lisp
Manuel Angel Gomez wrote:

> I am getting the "Invalid page fault (caused by LISP.EXE)"
> error running Allegro Common Lisp (Proffesional 3.0 version).

When ACL/win dies, it writes out a file ACLXDMP.TXT or something like
that with the backtrace info. (At least it used to, I can't find any
evidence that I've needed it in 3.0.2.)

Your description, however, sounds suspiciously like a hardware problem
that only lisp is stressing enough to bring out.
--
Donald H. Mitchell, PhD, PMP    ··········@smartproject.com
Proactive Solutions, Inc.       http://home.earthlink.net/~smartproject