From: ···············@msn.com
Subject: LISP Definition
What does LISP stand for?  Some guys here at work are trying to figure it
out, but all we have is some AutoCAD reference manuals.  All they say is
AutoLISP uses/is based on the LISP programming language.  If someone
could email me with even a short answer, I'd appreciate it.

From: David Lowry
Subject: Re: LISP Definition
···············@msn.com wrote:

> What does LISP stand for?  Some guys here at work are trying to figure it
> out, but all we have is some AutoCAD reference manuals.  All they say is
> AutoLISP uses/is based on the LISP programming language.  If someone
> could email me with even a short answer, I'd appreciate it.

>       http://www.dejanews.com/     Search, Read, Post to Usenet

LISP: LISt Processor

other common definition is Lots of Irritating Stupid Parentheses
--

[ David D. Lowry
[ Attorney at Law (or at Play)				···@dbrc.com
From: Rainer Joswig
In article <·············@dbrc.com>, David Lowry <···@dbrc.com> wrote:

> ···············@msn.com wrote:
> >
> > What does LISP stand for?  Some guys here at work are trying to figure it
> > out, but all we have is some AutoCAD reference manuals.  All they say is
> > AutoLISP uses/is based on the LISP programming language.  If someone
> > could email me with even a short answer, I'd appreciate it.

> >       http://www.dejanews.com/     Search, Read, Post to Usenet
>
> LISP: LISt Processor
>
> other common definition is Lots of Irritating Stupid Parentheses

Lisp is simply perfect

--
http://www.lavielle.com/~joswig/
From: Georg Bauer
Hi!

RJ> Lisp is simply perfect

Yeah. But I am still searching a tail-recursive one - last word has to be
"Lisp" and the other words have to _end_ on "l", "i" and "s".  Maybe "All I
(want) is Lisp" - only without that superfluos "want" :-)

bye, Georg