From: Joseph O'Rourke
Subject: Eliza: generic Common Lisp implementation?
Could someone please point me to an implementation of Eliza
in Lisp that might work under generic GCL?  Thanks!

From: Marty Hall
Subject: Re: Eliza: generic Common Lisp implementation?
·······@grendel.csc.smith.edu (Joseph O'Rourke) writes:

> Could someone please point me to an implementation of Eliza
> in Lisp that might work under generic GCL?  Thanks!

Hi Joe. Haven't talked to you in ages, although several people in my
group make heavy use of one of your Computational Geometry texts.

Anyhow, Peter Norvig gave an up-to-date implementation in _Paradigms
of AI Programming_. I have a link to the source code in the "Internet
Resources" section of
<URL:http://www.apl.jhu.edu/~hall/lisp.html>

						- Marty
From: Bruce Tobin
Peter Norvig's excellent "Paradigms of Artificial Intelligence
Programming: Case Studies in Common Lisp" has a version of Eliza. I'm not
sure if the code is available online (check the CMU AI repository), but
the book is widely available and well worth owning.  There's also a
version included with Emacs, of course; haven't tried running it under
GCL, but the "psychoanalyse-pinhead" feature is worth the download all by
itself.