From: Juliusz Chroboczek
Subject: Re: Lisp is alive
In article <················@naggum.no> Erik Naggum <····@naggum.no>
wrote:

EN> [Dylan gives you] _all_ of the Lisp goodies?  except macros,
EN> except `read' on source code, except `pprint', except ...

I seem to remember a posting by Scott Fahlman on comp.lang.dylan
saying that they were expecting to extend Dylan with abstract syntax
data-structures in order to give it eval-twice macros and ease
implementation of hygienic macro systems.  Of course, the abstract
syntax would be based on objects, not on list structure.

The point is that you do not need to have Lisp syntax in order to have
macros, read and pprint.  However, read and pprint are
trivial to implement with Lisp syntax, and might be a little more
bothersome with infix syntax.  Not actually difficult, just
unpleasant.

                                        J.