From: David Finton
Subject: [Q] Seeking GCL for {MacOS, Solaris(PC), Windows(PC)}
I've just checked the FAQ file for Lisp implementations, and
couldn't find what I'm looking for.  So I wonder if anyone knows
if it may be available, even though it wasn't mentioned in the
FAQ?

I'm looking for GCL for Mac and PC.  In the FAQ, GCL is only
listed for Macintosh with A/UX.  And I didn't see any mention
of GCL for PC/Windows.

I'm TA-ing an AI course, and would like to be able to tell
students where they can get GCL for their own machines.  It looks
like most of them will be out of luck for GCL and will have to
settle for some other Common Lisp than the one they run on
campus.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

David Finton
······@cs.wisc.edu
From: David B. Lamkins
Subject: Re: [Q] Seeking GCL for {MacOS, Solaris(PC), Windows(PC)}
David Finton <······@homer.cs.wisc.edu> wrote:

> I'm looking for GCL for Mac and PC.  In the FAQ, GCL is only
> listed for Macintosh with A/UX.  And I didn't see any mention
> of GCL for PC/Windows.
>
> I'm TA-ing an AI course, and would like to be able to tell
> students where they can get GCL for their own machines.  It looks
> like most of them will be out of luck for GCL and will have to
> settle for some other Common Lisp than the one they run on
> campus.  Any suggestions?

I've not seen a MacOS GCL.  The closest suggestions I can offer are
PowerLisp ($50 shareware) and XLISP-PLUS (free.)

http://www.crl.com/~rgcorman/PowerLisp/PowerLisp.html
http://www.teleport.com/~almy/xlisp.html

--
Dave Lamkins, http://www.teleport.com/~dlamkins/
CPU Cycles: Use them now, or lose them forever...