From: Karl M. Hegbloom
Subject: ECoLisp, Linux 2, gcc-2.7.2nosrbug
Has anyone had any luck compileing ECL on Linux 2?  It stops in
alloc.c, saying that ELF_TEXT_BASE is not defined.  I assume that they
thought the compiler would define that, but it doesn't...

(No internet here after Mon. 9, I'm moving! Hope to hear sooner... )
--
Karl M. Hegbloom <·······@teleport.com>
http://www.teleport.com/~karlheg

From: Dave Wallace
Subject: Re: ECoLisp, Linux 2, gcc-2.7.2nosrbug

The latest .25 compiles under gcc just fine now, executes interpreted
code just fine too, but COMPILE and COMPILE-FILE both segfault after
the first pass. Anyone else experience this? (using: Linux 2.0.13,
libc.so.5.2.18, gcc 2.7.2(what the hell is an sr bug?))
From: Dave Wallace
From: Mike McDonald
In article <·················@teleport.com>,
	"Karl M. Hegbloom" <·······@teleport.com> writes:
> Has anyone had any luck compileing ECL on Linux 2?  It stops in
> alloc.c, saying that ELF_TEXT_BASE is not defined.  I assume that they
> thought the compiler would define that, but it doesn't...
>
> --
> Karl M. Hegbloom <·······@teleport.com>
> http://www.teleport.com/~karlheg
> (K0D) AYG-GE01  Portland, OR, USA
> Proudly running Linux 2.0.12 and GNU public software!

  I tried ECL 0.24 this weekend too. Got the same message. I also
tried to compile it on my SGI at work. Unfortunately, it keeps wanting
to use gcc instead of cc. So, I haven't been able to get ECL to work
either. Too bad too. It looked interesting. If anyone has work arounds
for either or both of these machines, I'd appreciate it if you'd let
me know.

  Mike McDonald
  ·······@engr.sgi.com
From: Karl M. Hegbloom
I wrote to the maintainer in Italy, and he fixed it!  Try version 0.25,
it will compile.  The Tk part isn't complete, and the clx directory is
empty...

 This may be the Lisp I get serious with. ;)

--
Karl M. Hegbloom <·······@teleport.com>
http://www.teleport.com/~karlheg
(K0D) AYG-GE01  Portland, OR, USA
:) Proudly running Linux 2.0.12 and GNU public software!
Cron gets my mail 0-23/3 while the 'puter is on.
From: Michael Wein
Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:

> I wrote to the maintainer in Italy, and he fixed it!  Try version 0.25,
> it will compile.  The Tk part isn't complete, and the clx directory is
> empty...
>
>  This may be the Lisp I get serious with. ;)

Could you please give me more information (e. g. an URL) about ECoLisp?
Esp. tge TK interface sounds wonderful.

Michael Wein            German Research Center     tel: ++49 681 3025302
Research assistant   for Artificial Intelligence   fax: ++49 681 3025338
                      http://www.dfki.uni-sb.de