From: Carl Laurence Gonsalves
Subject: AutoLISP and tail recursion??
I was wondering if AutoLISP does tail recursion elimination (like Scheme
does). I've got experience programming in Scheme, and recently I started
doing some programming in AutoLISP. My Scheme programming style uses a lot
of tail recursion... I'm wondering if in AutoLISP I should be using an
iterative style instead?

Thanks...

--
        Carl Laurence Gonsalves - ········@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca
                   Computer Science, University of Waterloo
From: Tony Tanzillo
Subject: Re: AutoLISP and tail recursion??
Carl - No AutoLISP is NOT properly tail-recursive, and you can easily
exhaust the stack with recursion.  There are some limited circumstances
where it is appropriate (mainly where you can be sure the depth of
recursion will not exhaust the stack), but for the most part, you should
use iterative constructs (like while, repeat, foreach, mapcar).

--
/*   Tony Tanzillo     Design Automation Consulting    */

Carl Laurence Gonsalves <········@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca> wrote in
article <··························@xiaoxiao.uwaterloo.ca>...