From: Laurence Kramer
Subject: Job Opening: Software Developer, Hubble Space Telescope
The newly refurbished Hubble Space Telescope, the cornerstone of
NASA's astrophysics program, now placed 380 miles above the earth's
surface continues to open a new chapter in the history of
astronomy. You can contribut to this effort.

We have an immediate opening for versatile software engineers to develop
software to support observation preparation, planning and scheduling on
the
Hubble Space Telescope.

Requirements:

+ Bachelors in Computer Science (MS or PhD preferred)

+ 2+ years experience developing software through all phases of the
development lifecycle, including Requirements Analysis, Design,
Programming, Testing and Maintenance

+ Knowledge of C, C++, Lisp or Java

+ Expertise in one or more of the following: OOD/OOP, AI, GUI,
Client/Server.

+ Ability to learn new Technologies, Programming Languages and Problem
Domains
quickly and to work independently in a fast-paced environment

+ Strong communication skills

The Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI), located on the Johns
Hopkins University campus, offers an excellent benefits package,
competitive salaries and a stimulating work environment. Women and
minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. Qualified candidates are
requested to send resume and salary history to:

Human Resources Office
3700 San Martin Drive
Baltimore, MD 21218

EOEE/AA/M/F/D/V
From: Will Hartung
Laurence Kramer <······@stsci.edu> writes:

>The newly refurbished Hubble Space Telescope, the cornerstone of
>NASA's astrophysics program, now placed 380 miles above the earth's
>surface continues to open a new chapter in the history of
>astronomy. You can contribut to this effort.

>We have an immediate opening for versatile software engineers to develop
>software to support observation preparation, planning and scheduling on
>the
>Hubble Space Telescope.

Hmmm... Is there any travel involved for on-site work?? 8-)

--
Will Hartung - Rancho Santa Margarita. It's a dry heat. ······@netcom.com
1990 VFR750 - VFR=Very Red    "Ho, HaHa, Dodge, Parry, Spin, HA! THRUST!"