From: Bobby Tech
Subject: Saving a hashtable to disk?
I've written a Lisp program (in Mac Common Lisp 3.9) to parse and analyze
a large file and store the information in a hashtable. Because I'd like to
use the hashtable for search purposes (sort of a mini-database), I made
the program store the info into a global parameter *hashtable*. Then I can
refer to *hashtable* to do lookups.

My question is: it takes a good 20 minutes to convert this file to a
hashtable. I don't want to do this each time I want to do a lookup. So is
there anyway to save the actual memory contents of *hashtable* to the
disk? How would I do this? How would I retrieve it?

Thanks for any info or suggestions. A cc: of your response to me would be great.

Bobby Tech
ยทยทยทยท@magical.net