From: Barry Schiffman
Subject: packages and mcl
Does MCL handle packages differently from other lisp's?

Using the exact same steps that work fine on Allegro and SCL, I have been
unable to get my MCL 3.9 to recognize a package.

The files seem to load fine, but after calling (in-package "foo"),
nothing. The current package remains 'user' and none of the new functions
are visible.

Barry Schiffman
From: David B. Lamkins
Subject: Re: packages and mcl
In article
<········································@merhaba.cc.columbia.edu>, Barry
Schiffman <·····@columbia.edu> wrote:

>Does MCL handle packages differently from other lisp's?
>
>Using the exact same steps that work fine on Allegro and SCL, I have been
>unable to get my MCL 3.9 to recognize a package.
>
>The files seem to load fine, but after calling (in-package "foo"),
>nothing. The current package remains 'user' and none of the new functions
>are visible.

A more complete snippet of code would be helpful.  Remember that quoted
package names are case-sensitive (in-package "foo") is different from
(in-package "FOO").  You can avoid that confusion by using a keyword symbol
for the package name, as (in-package :foo).

--
Dave Lamkins, http://www.teleport.com/~dlamkins/
CPU Cycles: Use them now, or lose them forever...