From: Jean-Philippe Theberge
Subject: A very small lisp interpreter
I would like to use lisp as a scripting language for my CGI needs, but
there is no implementation of it on my web server.

Is there a way i can place a very small lisp interpreter on my (very
small) 5 megs quota home dir so my program can execute?

The machine is running Sun OS 5.5 and i do not need CLOS or X11 support,
just the core system.

Any advice apreciated

Jean-Philippe Theberge
·····@mlink.net

From: Michael Spalinski
Subject: Re: A very small lisp interpreter
In article <·············@mlink.net> Jean-Philippe Theberge <·····@mlink.net> writes:

   I would like to use lisp as a scripting language for my CGI needs, but
   there is no implementation of it on my web server.

   Is there a way i can place a very small lisp interpreter on my (very
   small) 5 megs quota home dir so my program can execute?

   The machine is running Sun OS 5.5 and i do not need CLOS or X11 support,
   just the core system.

Sounds like you are looking for siod:

ftp://ftp.std.com/pub/gjc/siod.html

M.
From: Nat Makarevitch
Jean-Philippe Theberge writes:

> I would like to use lisp as a scripting language for my CGI needs

> Is there a way i can place a very small lisp interpreter on my (very
> small) 5 megs quota home dir so my program can execute?

some pointers in the FAQ
<URL:http://www.cs.cmu.edu/Web/Groups/AI/html/faqs/lang/lisp/top.html>

example:
-=-=-=-
AWKLisp is a Lisp interpreter written in awk, available by anonymous
ftp from ftp.cs.cmu.edu:/user/ai/lang/lisp/impl/awk/. It has thirteen
built-in functions: CAR, CDR, CONS, EQ, ATOM, SET, EVAL, ERROR, QUOTE,
COND, AND, OR, LIST.
=-=-=-=

some servers with more-or-less embedded Lisp:
-=-=-=-
<URL:http://ipvaim.unipv.it:8080/>
<URL:http://www.ai.mit.edu/projects/iiip/doc/cl-http/home-page.html>
<URL:http://www-ksl-svc.stanford.edu:5915/>
<URL:http://infomaster.stanford.edu>
<URL:http://ftp.std.com/pub/gjc/siod.html>
=-=-=-=

--
Nat    Linux
From: George J. Carrette
On Thu, 28 Nov 1996 02:51:10 -0800, Jean-Philippe Theberge
<·····@mlink.net> wrote:

>I would like to use lisp as a scripting language for my CGI needs
> .. small ...

See ftp://ftp.std.com/pub/gjc/siod.tgz for a scheme interpreter
where under solaris 2.5 the stripped binary "sample" is 89k bytes.
The usual way of running this has been via a shared library
libsiod.so which is about 200k because of the symbols.

See ftp://ftp.std.com/pub/gjc/chtml.tgz for a CGI technique
involving "chunks of html" or CGI programs as transformations
on html template files.