From: John L. Stein
Subject: Trouble using variables for function names in function declarations
						Trouble using variables for function names in function declarations

The following function works and creates an object called op.

(define op (make <text-item>
		:parent c
		:coords (text-coords e)
		:text "<"
		:fill "red"
		:anchor "w"))

But I want to make a bunch of such objects so I want op to be
a variable. So I tried to define the following make-text-item!
function (2nd line). It attempts to get the symbol for each
element e and make an object with that name.
The function (get-symbol! e) defined in the first line is used
to find the symbol for e. It works fine by itself. It produces
a distinct symbol (eg. blu rf th yh etc.) for each e.

The combined function (make-text-item! e) does not work
however.  Can anbody tell me how to fix it or better yet
provide an example?

Thanks
-js

(define (get-symbol! e) (string->symbol (get-name! e)))

(define (make-text-item! e)

(define (get-symbol! e) (make <text-item>
		:parent c
		:coords (text-coords e)
		:text "<"
		:fill "red"
		:anchor "w"))
		)

(define (make-text-items! gr)
		(map (lambda (x) (make-text-item! x)) (set-edge->list (edges gr))))