From: Joern Richts
Subject: Lucid 4.2: Stack overflow stops lisp
Hi,

I use Lucid Common Lisp 4.2.1 on a Sun Sparc Station with Solaris 2.3;
defining (defun foo () (foo)) and running (foo) causes Lucid to stop
(i.e. the process is stopped) with the following message:

% > (defun foo () (foo))
% FOO
% > (foo)
% Stack pointer before interrupt wasn't on any known stack
% Stack pointer after interrupt wasn't on any known stack
% Attempting to print interrupt data.
% Sigstate:   7BA320
% sq (= nil)                         :   6E0005
% signal                             :        B
% [... some lines deleted ...]
% stack-group-foreign-hard-top :   B5BFFC
% stack-group-state   : ACTIVE
%
% Stopping lisp.  Type fg to resume.
%
% Suspended (signal)

Typing `fg' only reproduces this message.

Is this a known bug or is there a way to prevent Lucid from stopping
unrecoverably?  I expect Lucid to detect a stack overflow and to enter the
debugger.

Thanks in advance

  Joern