From: Steve Polyak
Subject: Using OLE (automation) with ACL
Earlier, I had asked for information on calling OLE Automation servers
from ACL, Here was my solution:

I decided to write a DLL (Visual C++) call that encapsulated the ACL Ole
Automation (OA) communication. The ACL program simply makes an API call,
passing the name of the OA method (e.g. MyProj.MyClass.MyMethod) and
passes the arguments in one "parse-able"  string (e.g.
First=Steve&Last=Polyak). This is the same way that Microsoft implemented
OA communication in their ISAPI architecture (i.e. OLEISAPI).You can find
the source of OLEISAPI  on the Microsoft "Active X" CD to hopefully give
you some ideas. Once the DLL is compiled and put in place, it is a simple
Lisp->DLL call and then you have to do a little key/value extraction on
your OA side. If you are new to OLE, I'd recommend using VB 4.0. You can
very easily create powerful inproc OA servers. For OLE background reading,
pick up Kraig Brockschmidt's OLE book.

Steve Polyak
·······@interaccess.com
Arthur Andersen Worldwide