From: Henrik Ekstam
Subject: binary rotating
Hi.
My name is Henrik, and I'm a student of computer Science and engineering
at Lintk�pings University, Sweden.
I'm currently working on a project to emulate the Intel 8080 processor
in LISP (more exactly the ability to wright Assembly programs).

I have run across a small problem:
Where using decimalrepresentation internelly (it's easier), but the
rotating funcions uses both a digit and the carry flag (thou making it
to a 9 bit number) e.g. Rotating left with the carryflags value as 0,
will be equal to multiplying the number with 2
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this problem
(prefferbly without having to convert our numbers to binaries (unless
there is a direct converting function that I have missed.)

We use Inferior Common Lisp for SUN.

Please make a mail CC to ······@lysator.liu.se ,as I don not read to
much news.

Thanks in advance..