From: Bruce L. Lambert, Ph.D.
Subject: Loop macro for GCL2.2?
Hi folks,

I know I've asked a similar question before, so please bear with me.

I need a loop macro that will iterate over hash tables and run under
GCL2.2. CLISP is fine, but the compiled code from gcl tends to bhe faster
in my environment. I have tried to use the mit_loop, but it does not work
on hash tables. I've tried cmu_loop.cl, but I run into compilation errors
that have to do with packages. I do not understand lisp's handling of
packages very well.

If there's someone out there who has successfully compiled and loaded
cmu_loop.cl under gcl 2.2, I'd appreciate some pointers.

Thanks as always.

-bruce
From: Myriam Abramson
Subject: Re: Loop macro for GCL2.2?
In article <···········@piglet.cc.uic.edu> Bruce L. Lambert, Ph.D. <········@uic.edu> writes:

    >If there's someone out there who has successfully compiled and loaded
    >cmu_loop.cl under gcl 2.2, I'd appreciate some pointers.

Yes, I did that.  It seems that the only change I did to the CMUCL
code (17f) was indeed in the package definition:

< (in-package "ANSI-LOOP" :use '("LISP"))
---
> (in-package :ansi-loop)

Hope that helps,

--