From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Re: Lisp-to-JavaVM compiler
In article <··················@immd8.informatik.uni-erlangen.de>,
··············@informatik.uni-erlangen.DE (Guenther Goerz) wrote:

> Rainer Joswig <······@lavielle.com> writes:
>
> > At the "Dynamic Objects Event" (Object World 96 in Boston) there
> > was a talk by Olin Shivers. He talked about the problems of running
> > Lisp-like languages on the Java VM. Seems like there is a serios
> > performance penalty.
>
> Any pointers?

See for example the ALU (Association of Lisp Users) pages at MIT:

http://www.ai.mit.edu/org/alu/dow96/DOLA/1.SUB11-3.html

This is the paper by Olin Shivers.

There once was also a mailing list about changing the Java VM
to host languages like Lisp and Dylan.
Mail me if you would like to have a pointer.

For those who are interested, what would it take to support mobile
Lisp code on CL-HTTP (a full featured web server written in Common Lisp
by John Mallery from MIT AI Lab and freely available)? Are there people
interested in doing work in this area?

Greetings from Hamburg,

Rainer Joswig