From: [Invalid-From-Line]
Subject: Re: Odd Question
On Fri, 10 May 1996, Ken Tilton wrote:

> <- E -> wrote:
> >
> >         I have a question for all you lispers out there:
> >
> >                 I just bought my first pc, a p150 w/ windows95.
>
> >                 Is there any way for me to run LISP on it?
>
> You can download for free (!) a mildly crippled big league Common Lisp
> (Allegro CL for Win95) from www.franz.com. I *think* Harlequin is
> doing the same thing with the (Lucid?) Lisp they acquired.

	Ive visited both websites, and harlequin's ftp site at least
	10-15 times, and am unable to get either product to work.
	Usually, their setup.exe file says "unable to open file".
	I always try to set them up in their own folder, and have
	downloaded tons of other software without problems. Has
	anyone out there actually downloaded either of these?

	Any help would be appreciated:)

			Frustrated, wanna-be lisp user,
							Eric

						······@miller.cs.uwm.edu
From: Paul W. Gangwisch
In article <········································@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu>, " wrote:
>On Fri, 10 May 1996, Ken Tilton wrote:
>
>> <- E -> wrote:
>> >
>> >         I have a question for all you lispers out there:
>> >
>> >                 I just bought my first pc, a p150 w/ windows95.
>>
>> >                 Is there any way for me to run LISP on it?
>>

>	Ive visited both websites, and harlequin's ftp site at least
>	10-15 times, and am unable to get either product to work.
>	Usually, their setup.exe file says "unable to open file".
>	I always try to set them up in their own folder, and have
>	downloaded tons of other software without problems. Has
>	anyone out there actually downloaded either of these?
>
>	Any help would be appreciated:)
>
>			Frustrated, wanna-be lisp user,
>							Eric
>
>						······@miller.cs.uwm.edu

Hi,
You could (should ?) get another operating system such as Linux or
BSD.  There are excellent public domain LISPs available.  I'm using
Gnu Common Lisp (GCL).  If you would like more details, let me know.

Paul Gangwisch