From: Mark McConnell
Subject: (documentation ...) fix in CMU CL's CLOS?
I am using CMU Common Lisp version 17f on a Sparc 1000.  In my
current program I am using CLOS rather heavily.  I've included lots of
documentation strings via the (:documentation "...") option in
defclass and defgeneric forms.  But the call
(documentation '<generic-function-name> 'function) only returns nil.
The same holds for (documentation '<class-name> 'type).

I understand from the help files that CMU CL's CLOS comes from PCL, and
that PCL doesn't do anything with the (:documentation "...") information
for classes or generic-functions--or didn't some time ago.  Is there a
quick fix for the problem?  If I could extract the doc-string from the class
somehow, I could write an :around method for (documentation ...) that would
patch over the problem.

Thanks.
                                               --Mark McConnell