From: Don Geddis
Subject: Good commercial Lisp for PC?
With the dominance of the PC architecture in the world, I'm looking to convert
my application development to a PC.  But I need a solid Lisp development
environment and it's been harder than I expected to find one.  This is for
producing a commercial product, and at a minimum I need: a foreign function
interface, multiple threads, a good compiler, and a runtime environment (for
the final product).

Franz Allegro, for example, which I'm most familiar with, has a Lisp for
Windows but it's different from their unix product, and in particular does
not have multiple threads.  Lucid went out of business, and the future of
their product with Harlequin seems unclear.

Have any of you been doing serious Lisp development on a PC platform?  Can
anyone recommend a solid commercial implementation for Windows, Windows 95,
Windows NT, or Linux?

Thanks,

	-- Don
--