From: Jonathan Nix
Subject: Lisp or Scheme for MS-Win?
	If you know of any such implimentation, it would be greatly
appreciated. I have checked both the FAQ and the repository, to no avail.

--
 Please respond via email
 ···@teleport.com

From: Marty Hall
Subject: Re: Lisp or Scheme for MS-Win?
In <··········@nadine.teleport.com> ···@teleport.com (Jonathan Nix) writes:
>	If you know of any such implimentation, it would be greatly
>appreciated. I have checked both the FAQ and the repository, to no avail.

This info is indeed prominently displayed in the FAQ. I have a WWW
page with pointers to the free Common Lisp implementations (as well as
a pointer to the FAQ and a bunch of tutorial information) at
http://www.apl.jhu.edu/~hall/lisp.html.
						- Marty
(proclaim '(inline skates))
From: Benjamin Shults
Jonathan Nix wrote:

>         If you know of any such implimentation, it would be greatly
> appreciated. I have checked both the FAQ and the repository, to no avail.
>
> --
>  Please respond via email
>  ···@teleport.com

clisp has a win32 and a dos version.  free
gcl has a dos version.  free
Allegro has a windows 3.11 and win32 version.  not free but claims to be ANSI
All three are supported and under development.

--
Benjamin Shults                 Email:  ·······@math.utexas.edu
Department of Mathematics       Phone:  (512) 471-7711 ext. 208
From: Marty Hall
In article <·················@math.utexas.edu> Benjamin Shults
<·······@math.utexas.edu> writes:

>Allegro has a windows 3.11 and win32 version.  not free but claims to be ANSI

Actually, you can get a version of ACL/Windows for non-commercial use
for free. See http://www.franz.com/weblisp.html. Following is a relatively
recent copy of the info. I have not used this version personally.

						- Marty
(proclaim '(inline skates))
Franz Inc. is making available a version of our upcoming 3.0
version for Windows platforms available on our Web home page.  The
version downloadable is pre-release, but we will be updating it from
time to time.  This version includes a full implementation of CLOS
(the Common Lisp Object System), an in-core native 32-bit compiler, a
visual drag & drop Interface Builder, and full debugging and
development tools.  It should run under Windows 3.1 (with win32s), WFW
3.11 (with win32s), NT and Windows 95.  Below is the description that
comes with the version.
The Allegro CL 3.0 Web Version for Windows is a full functional free
version of our Dynamic Object Oriented Programming Development System
for ANSI standard CLOS, with some limitations*.  We sell a supported
version of this software, Allegro CL for Windows, without these
limitations.  Please contact us at:

Telephone: (510) 548-3600
FAX:       (510) 548-8253
U.S.:      (800) 3 CLOS NOW
E-mail:    ····@franz.com
Web page:  http://www.franz.com/

We welcome suggestions you have, or problems you find, but we may not
get back to you since this software is unsupported.  Please send your
input to us here ar ···@franz.com.

Enjoy the power of CLOS!

*The limitations are: limited heap size, no foreign function support,
missing compile-file, missing disassembler and missing save-image.
The documentation fully explains these capabilities.
Installation Instructions:

(1) Please read the file license.txt for the legal details on how this
software is to be used.  This license.txt file is available in
ftp://ftp.uu.net/vendor/franz/aclwin/web/license.txt as well as in the
top level of the AclWin distribution directory after installation.
This file is also shown as part of the "About Allegro CL" display
(available by clicking the "Help" menu in Allegro CL 3.0).

(2) Download via ftp the file
"ftp://ftp.uu.net/vendor/franz/aclwin/web/acl3wr.exe".  This file is a
little over 4 MB, so the download may take some time.

(3) In an empty directory, run the acl3wr.exe program.  This program
is actually a self-extracting archive.  When completed, approximately
200 files will be placed into the directory where you ran the
acl3wr.exe program.  The total size of the extracted files is about 4.7 MB.

(4) One of the newly created files from the archive is called
"setup.exe".  Running that file as a program will launch the Allegro
CL installation.  This procedure will ask you for a directory to store
the installed distribution.  C:\Allegro is the recommended name, but
you can choose any location.  Approximately 10 MB will be stored in
this directory.

(5) After installation, you can remove acl3wr.exe (downloaded in step
(2)), and all the files extracted from the archive (from step (3)).

Win32s

If you are running Microsoft Windows 3.1 or Microsoft Windows for
Workgroups 3.11, you will need to install (or already have running)
Microsoft Win32s 1.30 before you can run AclWin.  Win32s allows Win32
applications to run under Windows 3.1.  Win32s is not required (and
cannot even be installed) under Windows 95 or Windows NT.

A copy of Win32s is available as
"ftp://ftp.uu.net/vendor/franz/aclwin/web/w32s130.exe".  Like the
AclWin distribution, this file is distributed as a self-extracting
archive containing a "setup" program needed to perform the
installation.  As with the AclWin installation, both the original
archive and the extracted files can be deleted after Win32s is
installed.

Notes

The Web version of AclWin is unsupported.  However, we are very
interested in improving this software and its installation procedures.
Please feel free to send any comments, suggestions, or problems you
may find to ···@franz.com.

Allegro CL is a registered trademark of Franz Inc.
Microsoft is a registered trademark.
Windows is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
From: Boaz Chow
Are you looking for a lisp compiler for windows?

have you tried the ACLisp for Windows?  It is pretty good.
It looks very good too.

--
   ______   Meow
   \ OO /  _/
From: David Neubart
writes:

>	If you know of any such implimentation, it would be greatly
>appreciated. I have checked both the FAQ and the repository, to no
avail.

>--
> Please respond via email
> ···@teleport.com

  Harlequin has released a "reduced implementation" of their LispWorks
development environment at http://www.harlequin.com/freelisp

  Dave.