From: Smith Robert
Subject: clisp-1996-04-17 won't run!
Hello All.

I am taking a class in lisp this term, and have been searching for
a free common LISP interpreter/compiler for my Sparc 2.  I have found
a package called clisp (actually I've tried several different
versions of this package). Whenever I try to run the thing, it
comes back with the error message:

cannot map memory to address 0x20000000[end]cannot map memory to address 0x errno = ENOMEM: Not enough memory.
base/lisp.run: not enough memory for Lisp

I am running this on a Sun Sparc 2 with 32MB ram (and another 34MB swap)
under Solaris 2.5. Is it possible that clisp could need more memory
than this?!?!?!?!?

Any help would be appreciated!

Robert Smith
·······@flop.enger.orst.edu