From: Mark McConnell
Subject: CMU CL -- (get-internal-run-time) fails?
I am running CMU CL, version 17f, on a Sparc 1000.  I have noticed that
(get-internal-run-time) always returns 0.  This means that the profiling
utilities say every function takes 0.00000 seconds to run.

Does anyone know what could be wrong?  Is the current value of
internal-time-units-per-second [which = 100] bad?  Or is the problem that
the machine has more than one processor?  I should also say that the system
was heavily loaded by other people when I was doing this.

-------

As a quick fix, I have redefined the function as follows:

(defun get-internal-run-time ()
  (get-internal-real-time)) ; the real-time one does seem to work

This makes the profiling code give values that mean "something".

Thanks.