From: Pat Finnerty
Subject: Solitaire game?
Has anyone ever written or come across a game of Solitaire written in
either Lisp or Prolog. Not the card game, but the one where there are a
number of pegs on a cross shaped board. There is a vacant peg-hole in the
middle at the beginning, and the object is to end with just one peg on the
board. Pegs are removed by jumping over them with adjacent pegs in either
a horizontal or vertical direction.

If you know of such an item please let me know as I would like to get the
code for it.

Pat.

--

[Patrick Finnerty,		Phone +353 91 733658  ]
[Nortel,			ESN    570 3658       ]
From: Marty Hall
Subject: Re: Solitaire game?
In article <··········@bmdhh222.bnr.ca> ·······@ngals011.gal.nt.com
(Pat Finnerty) writes:
>Has anyone ever written or come across a game of Solitaire written in
>either Lisp or Prolog. Not the card game, but the one where there are a
>number of pegs on a cross shaped board. [...]

The famous MIT Hakmem discusses a 1963 PDP-1 program for this.
Thanks to Henry Baker, it is online at
<ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/hb/hbaker/hakmem/games.html#item75>

					- Marty
(proclaim '(inline skates))
<http://www.apl.jhu.edu/~hall/lisp.html>