From: Michael Wein
Subject: Watchpoints for LISP?
Hello,

I was wondering if someone has implemented watchpoints for debugging in Lisp.

My idea was to write a macro as a replacement for setf that sends the variable
and the new value to a new process via a stream so that all changes can be
monitored. This stream could be displayed in a separate window (easiest way:
have a shell script that loops over a file and displays it in the shell window)
so that one could see very easily when a variable is being changed.

If someone had the same problem and found a solution I would greatly appreciate
his help.

Michael Wein             German Research Center      phone: ++49 (0)681/3025303
Research assistant    for Artificial Intelligence    fax:   ++49 (0)681/3025341
                       http://www.dfki.uni-sb.de