From: Gerald Zukerman
Subject: easy language, Lisp?
Someone suggested Lisp as an easy language for me to learn.  Go brain dead
with Dbase, Foxpro, Access.

Where can I get a copy of Lisp?

Thx

Gerald Zukerman
······@primenet.com

From: Ken Tilton
Subject: Re: easy language, Lisp?
Gerald Zukerman wrote:

> Someone suggested Lisp as an easy language for me to learn.  Go brain dead
> with Dbase, Foxpro, Access.

Yes, lisp is very friendly in many ways. There are mant things you do
not have to worry about which, in other languages, are a real pain.

Smalltalk would be another good one, but Lisp is better.

> Where can I get a copy of Lisp?

What kind of computer (and if its a PC, what Operating system?)

On the Mac there is a shareware PowerLisp (search for that on the net
and you'll find his web site) and a more conventionally priced Mac
Common Lisp. For Windows NT and 95 you can get a crippled (but still
plenty enough to learn on) free version of Allegro Common Lisp from
www.franz.com.

And someone has a big list of free Lisps. Come to think of it, someone
also has a Lisp FAQ which probably points to the free Lisps. (Obviously
I need to start taking notes!)

Anywho, welcome to Lisp.

Cheers,

Ken
From: Brad Miller
In article <··········@nnrp1.news.primenet.com>, ······@primenet.com
(Gerald Zukerman) wrote:

> Someone suggested Lisp as an easy language for me to learn.  Go brain dead
> with Dbase, Foxpro, Access.
>
> Where can I get a copy of Lisp?
>
> Thx
>
> Gerald Zukerman
> ······@primenet.com

Check out http://www.cs.rochester.edu/u/miller/alu.html

pointers to good references, introductory material, implementations,
archives, etc.

Good luck,

--
Brad Miller                 ······@cs.rochester.edu