From: Earthman Theron
Subject: Re: Why aren't there more black nudists?
On 9 Jul 1996, Mike McDonald wrote:

> In article <········································@tweety>,
> 	Earthman Theron <······@cs.ucsb.edu> writes:
> > You had parenthesis three levels deep!! Are you a lisp programmer?
> >
> > OBNudism:  Run this with your favorite lisp interpreter!!

[code missing format argument on last line of 'defun' snipped]

>   Man, what buggy code. Try
>
> (defun nude (clothes)
>  	(cond ((null clothes)
>  	       (format t "You are nude!! Have fun!!~%"))
>  	      ((listp clothes)
> 	       (format t "Remove your ~s...~%" (car clothes))
>  	       (nude (cdr clothes)))
>  	      (t
>  	       (format t "Just remove your ~s and have fun!!!~%" clothes))))
>
> (nude '(shirt pants sunglasses shoes socks))

Hehehe. I saw the bug right after I had posted the code.

I was debating for a while wether or not I was going to post the revised
code or not... I'm glad you did... :)

Should I have cross posted this to comp.lang.lisp?

OBNudism:

I just heard a story about a record store in Isla Vista, California that
used to give a free CD to anyone who shopped in the store nude. (They were
promoting nudism).  This went on for a while until the IV foot patrol (the
local foot police) declaired that they would arrest anyone leaving the
store that walked in front of the store window nude.  They had pictures
for quite a while of people stripping for CDs (from the back, not to
offend any conservatives).  Too bad they're not in business anymore.  I
would love to brouse through CD's in the buff!!

-Theron
'82 Honda Nighthawk 650
email: ······@cs.ucsb.edu  URL: http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~theron/
- Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good
with ketchup."