From: Tim Bradshaw
Subject: Alice's Lisp Machine?
This is not technically a lisp question I suppose...

I have a text file (in fact, an html version is at
http://www.aiai.ed.ac.uk/~tfb/random-docs/alm.html) which has a parody
of Alice's Restaurant, presumably written by someone who was at MIT.

If I ever knew who the author was I don't now, and in fact I don't
even have the original document, just a TeX version I made a long time
ago.  Someone suggested it might be by Guy Steele but I'm not sure.

Does anyone know the history of this, and where a clean version can be
found?

Thanks

--tim

From: Brad Miller
Subject: Re: Alice's Lisp Machine?
In article <···············@staffa.aiai.ed.ac.uk>, Tim Bradshaw
<···@aiai.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> This is not technically a lisp question I suppose...
>
> I have a text file (in fact, an html version is at
> http://www.aiai.ed.ac.uk/~tfb/random-docs/alm.html) which has a parody
> of Alice's Restaurant, presumably written by someone who was at MIT.
>
> If I ever knew who the author was I don't now, and in fact I don't
> even have the original document, just a TeX version I made a long time
> ago.  Someone suggested it might be by Guy Steele but I'm not sure.
>
> Does anyone know the history of this, and where a clean version can be
> found?
>
> Thanks
>
> --tim

It's on the humor page of the ALU site:

http://www.cs.rochester.edu/u/miller/alu.html

--
Brad Miller                 ······@cs.rochester.edu
Computer Science Dept       http://www.cs.rochester.edu/u/miller/
From: Peter Norvig
The "MIT's AI Lab" song is attributed to Chris Stacy, Alan Wecsler,
and Noel Chiappa at
http://www.cs.rochester.edu/users/staff/miller/alices-lispm.html

--
Peter Norvig               | Phone: 415-833-4022
Harlequin Inc.             | FAX:   415-833-4111
From: John Fitch
My copy of Alice's Lisp Machine came from the ······@ARPA.sri-ai
posted on Sunday 15 Dec 1985 (Volume3 : Issue 187) so I assume it is
older than that.  It was forwarded from ······@MIT-XX to teh UTexac
bboard and from there to AIList by ····@SRI-AI

It was by-lines Chris Stacy, Alan Wecsler and Noel Chiappa

The printout is getting rather yellow.....

==John