From: Gary Deeds
Subject: A good, small lisp tutor
I have searched the WWW and looked through various FAQs, but I cannot
find a good, short lisp tutor.  I have been programming for quite a
while, and have decided that I would like to learn Lisp.  I have seen
quite a few references to books, but no text files.
  If anyone knows where I could find a short doc on the basics of Lisp,
please tell me.
  Thanks a lot

  -Matt Deeds  <··········@thegrid.net>

From: Gary Deeds
Subject: Re: A good, small lisp tutor
Gary Deeds wrote:

> I have searched the WWW and looked through various FAQs, but I cannot
> find a good, short lisp tutor.  I have been programming for quite a
> while, and have decided that I would like to learn Lisp.  I have seen
> quite a few references to books, but no text files.
>   If anyone knows where I could find a short doc on the basics of Lisp,
> please tell me.
>   Thanks a lot
>
>   -Matt Deeds  <··········@thegrid.net>This one looks OK:
ftp://ftp.cast.uni-linz.ac.at/pub/lisp/doc/cl-tutorial.txt
From: Mark McConnell

http://http.tamu.edu:8000/~colin/lp/node1.html
From: Nat Makarevitch
Gary Deeds writes:

> I  have searched the WWW and  looked through various   FAQs, but I cannot
> find a good, short  lisp  tutor.

the "LISP-tutorial.doc" file in the CLisp distribution is short and
interesting.

an emacs-lisp-intro-SOMETHING.tar.gz package is on every /pub/gnu anon FTP
site. it explain Emacs Lisp but this may be a good clear and concise
introduction.

http://www.apl.jhu.edu/~hall/lisp.html is very good, imho.
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/Web/Groups/AI/html/cltl/cltl2.html

--
Nat    Linux
From: Marty Hall
In <·············@thegrid.net> Gary Deeds <··········@thegrid.net> writes:

>  If anyone knows where I could find a short doc on the basics of Lisp,
>please tell me.

See <http://www.apl.jhu.edu/~hall/lisp.html>. It has one page
"thumbnail" overviews of various aspects of Lisp as well as pointers
to the major online tutorials of which I am aware (and the
comp.lang.lisp FAQ). If I a missing any, please let me know.

						- Marty