From: Marek Hatala
Subject: Q: DDE communication in ACL4W
Hello,

we need your help with the solvin the following problem:

our lisp code should communicate through DDE (POKE). We have problem how to
create the C-type string from the simple string. We tried following:

(defun prepare-c-string (lisp-string)
   (let ( (c-string (ct:ccallocate (:char 80)))
          (position 0))
        (for character in-string lisp-string
             do
             (setf (ct:cref (ct:char *) c-string position) character)
             (setf position (+ position 1)))
        (setf (ct:cref (ct:char *) c-string position) '0 )
        c-string)
)

The problem is in ct:cref function which does not accept variable as its
third parameter. How to copy the string into the C-type string? Should
we use ordinary string functions for working with C-type strings?

Thank you.

--
Marek Hatala  (······@ccsun.tuke.sk)

Dept. of Cybernetics and Artificial Intelligence
Technical University,  Letna 9/B,  041 20 Kosice
SLOVAKIA                       fax: +42 95 30115