From: Charles Anthony Coombs
Subject: clispe, defun not allowed?
I recently downloaded a copy of clispe and was rather shocked to find
that defun is not allowed in top-level code.  This seemed like a rather
major handicap to me.  I would like some opinions on the value of clispe
and also, can anyone out there explain how to define functions?
   I read the imp.notes file and it said you can do stuff like
         (let .....
             (defun ....))
However when I tried similar structures I got a defun is undefined error.
General opinions on what the deal with clispe is are quite welcome.
      BTW, I am familiar with MCL and CL2.    Thanks.
--
      ^   To remain in ignorance of the enemy's condition     ^
      ^   is the height of inhumanity.        - Sun Tzu       ^
From: Bruno Haible
Subject: Re: clispe, defun not allowed?
Charles Anthony Coombs <·······@prism.gatech.edu> wrote:
> I recently downloaded a copy of clispe and was rather shocked to find
> that defun is not allowed in top-level code.

The README file in the clisp distribution you got explains how to properly
install clisp. Please read it.

Bruno Haible                                     email: <······@ilog.fr>
Software Engineer                                phone: +33-1-49083585