From: Richard Pitre
Subject: Re: Why garbage collection?

> This mendacity has conservatively cost the U.S. software industry billions of
> dollars in lost productivity, and this lie is only recently being exposed
with
> the development of new web languages.  Unfortunately, the wide distribution
of
> these people's books means that another generation of SW people has
> probably already been poisoned.

(Warning: rambling sarcastic dementia)
But now, thank goodness, it is common knowledge that "AI" is a "BAD THING" and
somebody( probably that Mr. Godel feller) proved that it "COULDN'T BE DONE" or
something like that. Nobody understands what Mr. Godel  proved but its pretty a
pretty damned sure thing that he did prove that it doesn't matter if we do
understand what anyone else proves because proving things is really no big deal
anyway. This is especially true for proving things about computers because
those scientist types know nothing about money or sex. Greater minds have
informed me that since AI is a BAD THING then LISP, by implication( This
"implication" makes no sense to  me but they tell me that you have to use the
"new logic" to understand it. In any case, I've lost my mind and can't do that
thinking thing too well anymore. I'm so bad off that the computer I own has
almost no relationship to my libido anymore. The friends that I used to have
when I could think feel sorry for me. I have an old elisp flame program that
wrote this post.), is a BAD THING too.

One of the greater revelations which has come from today's computer/market
science is that this software stuff and these microprocessors are just so
darn complicated that we have to live with bugs. Oh well, I guess thats what
insurance is for. Now we just have to get on with the tough work of making
money from flawed products that people will pay for even with that
understanding. Better yet, now that we understand that those old timey
 languages are BAD we can kill whole forests to publish books on state of the
art languages like PERL(Proselytization Egregiously Relentlessly and
Licentiously). (I bought one of those 4 inch thick books on PERL and I couldn't
understand what it had to do with my computer so now I use the book to hunt
with. At 20 meters per second any animal will perish if hit.) We can turn an
XRAY machine into a human toaster by losing our C++ pointers. And then there is
Visual Basic(I faced the northwest and kissed the floor after typing out the
sacred name of The Ideal Programming Language by the company which has the one
true vision for the future of computing technology for AMERICA (land of the
rugged individual type)).

When the latest state of the art "operating system" loses files or locks up on
me I just figure that I messed up. After all they did fix
that once in a millenium microcode bug in my processor and my OS manufacturer
 had all those master beta testers hammering away on it before they sold it to
 me so that anything that goes wrong has to be my own fault.

I love this latest program that I bought. Its really pretty with animated icons
and music and sometimes it helps me find my files. It tracks my investments in
bridges. Soon as I get back from my XRAY appointment I'm going to buy another
one.

richard