From: Kjetil Valstadsve
Subject: Functional languages to Java.
I've more or less followed the recent thread on compiling languages
like Scheme, Lisp and ML to Java. I have a master's thesis (or the
Norwegian equivalent, the finale of my four and a half year CS
education) coming up this fall, and I am considering making a
study/test implementation on the subject.

This might involve travelling abroad, it's quite common to do one's
thesis in connection with a company, another university, etc.

If I want to get in touch with people who work with this and might be
interested in my efforts, where should I go? I want to find out what
kind of research is going on, whether it's possible for me to
contribute, and whether there is a need.

--
              My music isn't modern, it's merely badly played
                            - Arnold Schoenberg

·················@pvv.unit.no IRC Kjetil URL http://www.pvv.unit.no/~eddie
From: Bryan O'Sullivan
Subject: Re: Functional languages to Java.
In article <··········@cantaloupe.srv.cs.cmu.edu> ·····@pvv.unit.no
(Kjetil Valstadsve) writes:

k> If I want to get in touch with people who work with this and might
k> be interested in my efforts, where should I go? I want to find out
k> what kind of research is going on, whether it's possible for me to
k> contribute, and whether there is a need.

Phil Wadler and Martin Odersky recently gave a talk at Sun on this
topic.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend, but I expect that
getting in touch with one or both of the presenters might be a good
idea.  Phil is at <······@dcs.gla.ac.uk>; I can't remember Martin
Odersky's email address, but he posts here pretty frequently.

	<b
--
Let us pray:
What a Great System.                   ···@eng.sun.com