From: Joshua Chan
Subject: Learning Lisp FAQ?
Is there a Lisp FAQ for people who want to learn the language? If
so, where can I get it?

Thanks,
Joshua Chan
······@singnet.com.sg

From: Scott Fahlman
Subject: Re: Learning Lisp FAQ?
In article <··········@lantana.singnet.com.sg> ······@singnet.com.sg (Joshua Chan) writes:

   Is there a Lisp FAQ for people who want to learn the language? If
   so, where can I get it?

I haven't seen one, but there are some very good tutorial books listed
in the regular FAQ.  Which one you want depends on how much you
already know about programming and what your goals are for Lisp.

-- Scott

Scott E. Fahlman			Internet:  ····@cs.cmu.edu
Principal Research Scientist		Phone:     412 268-2575
School of Computer Science              Fax:       412 268-5576
Carnegie Mellon University		Latitude:  40:26:46 N
5000 Forbes Avenue			Longitude: 79:56:55 W
Pittsburgh, PA 15213			Mood:      :-)
From: Jay Dunlap
Subject: How close is 'AutoLisp' to...?
First post....next I'll go read the FAQ--wrong order
I know but I couldn't resist.

I use to be a lowly CAD guy who used the quasi language
of AutoLisp to perform macros, and some routines in
AutoCAD.

Now I am messing with other apps just starting to learn
TCL/TK for unix system purposes.

My question--if I was 'pretty' good with AutoLisp
how much is transferable to the real thing?
I'll go the the FAQ now adn look for some book titles.

thanks

Jay D

Jay Dunlap        |Your Door to the World.|    916.895.1609 vc
Site Administrator|                       |    916.895.3204 fx
TTCI.net          |                       |http://www.ttci.net
From: Francis Leboutte
······@singnet.com.sg (Joshua Chan) wrote:

>Is there a Lisp FAQ for people who want to learn the language? If
>so, where can I get it?

Here is a list of interresting addresses. ALU has a list of Lisp books.

Lisp FAQs
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/Web/Groups/AI/html/faqs/lang/lisp/top.html

Lisp FAQs (FTP site)
ftp://ftp.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/project/ai-repository/ai/pubs/faqs/

A code repository at the CMU (Carnegie Mellon University)
ftp://ftp.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/project/ai-repository/ai/lang/lisp/

ALU, Association of Lisp Users
http://www.cs.rochester.edu/users/staff/miller/alu.html

Download free version of Allegro CL 3.0 for Windows
http://www.franz.com/weblisp.html

Francis
--
Francis Leboutte             Algorithme, Rue de la Charrette 141
········@mail.interpac.be    4130 Tilff, Belgium