From: Michael Hucka
Subject: What do these Lucid functions do?
I'm converting a package originally written for Lucid CL to Allegro CL 4.2,
with the disadvantage of not having a copy of Lucid CL or any Lucid
documentation to work from (!).  Would someone among you with Lucid
experience be kind enough to explain what exactly the following functions and
variables do?  (Obviously I can guess their purposes from their names and the
context of their use in the original code, but I need detailed specifics,
especially argument lists and return values.)  If you also know the
equivalents in ACL, that would be really wonderful information.

  lcl:displaced-array-p
  lcl:stationary-object-p
  lcl:with-scheduling-inhibited
  lcl:process-wait
  lcl:write-array
  lcl:read-array
  lcl:make-foreign-pointer
  lcl:def-foreign-synonym-type
  lcl:foreign-variable-address
  lcl:foreign-string-value
  lcl:foreign-pointer-type
  lcl:*quitting-lisp*

As a token of thanks, I promise to mail you a postcard :-).
--
Mike Hucka     ·····@umich.edu     http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/hucka
University of Michigan AI Lab & EECS Departmental Computing Organization