From: Robert G. Malkin
Subject: no (readtable-case) in allegro?
i'm using allegro common lisp on unix and have come across a rather
strange situation. allegro is trying to tell me that (readtable-case) is
undefined. further, it doesn't acknowledge the :case keyword in
(pathanme) or (make-pathname)... this is a problem, as i'm trying to
load files, the names of which were themselves read in from a file. as
such, the filenames are all in uppercase; as such, unix won't recognize
them as filenames... is allegro deficient?
rob

From: Michael Hucka
Subject: Re: no (readtable-case) in allegro?

  "GM> i'm using allegro common lisp on unix and have come across a rather
  "GM> strange situation. allegro is trying to tell me that (readtable-case)
  "GM> is undefined. further, it doesn't acknowledge the :case keyword in
  "GM> (pathanme) or (make-pathname)... this is a problem, as i'm trying to
  "GM> load files, the names of which were themselves read in from a file. as
  "GM> such, the filenames are all in uppercase; as such, unix won't
  "GM> recognize them as filenames... is allegro deficient?  rob

I can't answer your questions, but in general, if you have specific issues
such as this, you would do better to mail your questions to ····@franz.com.
--
Mike Hucka     ·····@umich.edu     http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/hucka
University of Michigan AI Lab & EECS Departmental Computing Organization
From: HStearns
Readtable-case and the :case argument to pathname functions were not
present in Common Lisp when allegro was developed.  I do not know if they
have been added in the very latest versions.

I'm working on a (very large) re-implementation of pathnames which
supports case properly, and in so doing, reimplements most of the reader
(to support readtable-case).  Would anyone be interested in this?