From: Kelvin Nilsen
Subject: The return of lisp(ish) machines?
Check out Sun's press releases for three new Java-in-silicon processor chips:

	http://www.sun.com/sparc/java/

Does anyone have additional information (that they can share) about these
chips?

--
Kelvin Nilsen, Research Scientist                      voice: (515) 294-5143
151 ASC II, CATD                 		         fax: (515) 294-9519
From: Guy Harris
Subject: The return of Forth(ish) machines? (was: Re: The return of lisp(ish) machines?)
(Followups redirected to "comp.arch", although if somebody wants to take
this thread to "comp.lang.forth", I personally have no objection -
although the chips in question do Java, not Forth, so maybe
"comp.lang.java" is more appropriate....)

Kelvin Nilsen <······@cs.iastate.edu> wrote:
>Check out Sun's press releases for three new Java-in-silicon processor chips:
>
>	http://www.sun.com/sparc/java/

Actually, I wonder whether they're more like *Forth* processors - Sun
seems to be aiming them, to a large degree, at low-end embedded systems.
Were Novix's Forth processors aimed at that market?