From: Richard E. Robbins
Subject: Meta key from PC X Server
I need to get an X Server that will run under Windows 95 in order to connect
to a Symbolics MacIvory running Genera 8.3.  I've been experimenting with
a demo version of eXodus and having some success.  However, I'm stuck when it
comes to reproducing the meta key from the PC keyboard.  Can eXodus be
configured to do that?  If not eXodus then what about other commercially
available X servers that will run under Windows 95?

Thanks.

-- Rich Robbins
From: Steven and Chie Haflich
Subject: Re: Meta key from PC X Server
Richard E. Robbins wrote:
> I need to get an X Server that will run under Windows 95 in order to connect
> to a Symbolics MacIvory running Genera 8.3.  I've been experimenting with
> a demo version of eXodus and having some success.  However, I'm stuck when it
> comes to reproducing the meta key from the PC keyboard.  Can eXodus be
> configured to do that?  If not eXodus then what about other commercially
> available X servers that will run under Windows 95?

Check out X-Win32 from StarNet Communications (http://www.starnet.com/).
There is a free downloadable version and a full version for (I think)
$150.
(The only limit in the free version is that the server shuts down after
2 hours.)
I've tried it and it works impressively well even with heavy-duty X
applications (even CLIM) running via PPP over a 28Kb line.