From: ···········@delphi.com
Subject: Code for Allen Text
I have been trying to learn Lisp for about six months, using Winson and
Horn's text: _Lisp: 3rd Edition_. I have managed to make it to the "blocks world"
which is a heck of lot more interesting that "garbage collection."

Of particular value, I hope be this little expository
gem: _Object Oriented Programming in Common Lisp_ Sonya Keene. Addison/
Wellesly.

My motivation here is that I have been working in standard GB syntax
within one area of semantics called "theta theory." My preoccupation
has been with the "semantics syntax interface" vis a vis causatives
and inference mechanisms involving relative clause constructions.
A year ago, it occurred to me that my thoughts on the subject would
be better received if they were stated in the form of actual programs.
In effect, I began to move in the direction of computational linguistics
which I am now pursuing. But I have reached a point of considerable
aggrevation.

The best book, it seems to me, for the purpose of gaining an initial
understanding of computational is James Allen's _Natural Language
Understanding_. Benjamin/Cummings Publishing. The problem is that
the book says that the software can be obtained by FTP from
bc.aw.com. But I can't find it anywhere.

Does anyone have the code for this book? Or can someone give me
explicit instruction on how to retrieve it?

Tanks

Stevie "Magoo" Bayne
Somerville Boxing Club