From: Sudhir Shenoy
Subject: Regular Expression Package
Hi,

I have implemented a regular expression parser/matcher for strings
that implements the full POSIX extended syntax. It is written entirely
in Common Lisp and has been tested to work on CMUCL, CLISP and
Macintosh CL.

You can find it at Digitool's site
ftp://ftp.digitool.com/mcl/contrib/regexp.tar.gz

One note of warning: the source files seem to have carriage-returns
instead of newlines since it was done on a Macintosh so you would have
to replace ^M by ^J on a Unix machine to use it.

I would appreciate any feedback - bug reports / suggestions for
improvement.

At present, although the package is reasonably fast, no great effort
has been made to optimize the matching algorithm. Also, at least one
bug is known to exist - a regular expression like "(x*)*" will send
the matching function into an infinite loop. This is the only
pathological case that it fails. It comfortably passes the rest of the
test suite (mostly copied from the GNU rx package).

Enjoy,
Sudhir

P.S. I am sorry about this tardy announcement but I don't have
convenient access to the Usenet.
From: Richard Tietjen
Subject: Re: Regular Expression Package
I think the URL is:

 ftp://ftp.digitool.com/pub/mcl/contrib/regexp.tar.gz