From: Richard E. Robbins
Subject: MacIvory Printer Configuration
I've got a MacIvory 3 sitting in a Quadra 950 running Genera 8.3.  I could
use some assistance configuring the system to work well with my printer.
The printer is an HP LaserJet 4M (i.e., it's a PostScript printer) to which
I've added a current model HP JetDirect card.

I can get the printer to work using the AppleTalk connection via my
ethernet network.  I'd prefer to cable the serial port of the printer to
one of the Quadra's serial ports and let Genera handle spooling.

At present I've tried using a DIN8 to DB25 cable with a DIN8 extension
cable and a null modem to make the connection.  Either I've screwed up the
cabling or the hardware settings on the printer or the printer's name space
object on the Lispm.  I'm lost.

Has anyone out there had any experience setting up a similar configuration?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

-- Rich Robbins