From: J. Kalita
Subject: A question about making a copy of an instance of an object
 Hi!

 I was wondering if someone can kindly answer a question
 I have about CLOS. I am using the PCL implementation of it.

 I want to make an exact copy of an existing instance of a
 class. I have not been able to find a way to do this.

 For example, I have defined a class called x-structure.

 (defclass x-structure ()
   ((specifier :accessor x-specifier :initarg :specifier)
    (head :accessor x-head :initarg :head)
    (complement :accessor x-complement :initarg :complement)
    )
 )

 Now, I have defined an instance of this structure called *VP-structure*.

 (setf *VP-structure*
       (make-instance 'x-structure
          :specifier 'John
          :head 'loves
          :complement 'Mary)
      )

 Now, I want to make an exact copy of *VP-structure*, say
 *VP-structure-2*. I am not sure how to go about it.

 I am looking for something similar to the copier function,
 "copy-structurename"  function that becomes avaiable when
 one defines a structure.

Thanks a lot!

Jugal Kalita