From: Scott C. Thomas
Subject: Lisp on a Macintosh?
Are there any (preferably inexpensive) Lisp programs for the Macintosh?
I am new to the language and would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Scott

From: Sunil Mishra
Subject: Re: Lisp on a Macintosh?
In article <··········@acasun.eckerd.edu> ········@acasun.eckerd.edu (Scott C. Thomas) writes:

   Are there any (preferably inexpensive) Lisp programs for the Macintosh?
   I am new to the language and would appreciate any help.

   Thanks,
   Scott

Macintosh Common Lisp from Digitool and Powerlisp, which is freeware. The
former is a full CLtL2 implementation. I have been led to believe the
latter is a partial implementation of the full standard. I'd give you URL's
if I had them handy. You should be able to find out more through a quick
Alta Vista lookup. (Digitool is I think http://www.digitool.com/)

Sunil
From: Adam Alpern
In article <··········@acasun.eckerd.edu>, ········@acasun.eckerd.edu (Scott C. Thomas) wrote:
>Are there any (preferably inexpensive) Lisp programs for the Macintosh?
>I am new to the language and would appreciate any help.
>
>Thanks,
>Scott

PowerLisp is a very good shareware implementation of Common Lisp for the Mac.
It's available at

http://www.crl.com/~rgcorman/PowerLisp/PowerLisp.html

This page:

http://www.cambridge.apple.com/other-langs/lisp.html

also lists other Lisp and Scheme implementations for the Mac. The best CL in
the world is, of course, Macintosh Common Lisp, from Digitool
(www.digitool.com), but it's not free.

Cheers,
        Adam
From: Ron Parr
FYI, PowerLisp is pretty buggy.  I have tried to get standard Common
Lisp code to run on it, and it just doesn't work.  Functions are not
fully implemented.  Some do the wrong thing.  Some just crash.

--
Ron Parr                                       email: ····@cs.berkeley.edu
          Home Page: http://http.cs.berkeley.edu/~parr/
From: David Duff
(Scott C. Thomas) wrote:

>Are there any (preferably inexpensive) Lisp programs for the Macintosh?
>I am new to the language and would appreciate any help.

yes.

there is macintosh common lisp. it's one of the better lisp environments
out there on ANY platform - and i've used most of them.

see http://www.digitool.com

i think they have educational versions.  i know they have a free, fully
functional demo (but with a time limit), so you can try it out and see what
you think.

--
David A. Duff
The MITRE Corporation