From: Bruce Tobin
Subject: (no subject)
The lisp-team mailing list is now active.  To subscribe, send a message
with 'subscribe' in the subject line to:

  ·········@iwaynet.net

To unsubscribe, send a message with 'unsubscribe' in the title to the
same address.

What is the lisp-team mailing list?  Glad you asked.  We're sending a
team to one of this year's Droege/DCI Developer's Competitions.  Which
one hasn't been decided.  The idea is to popularize the notion of using
Lisp as a language for business application development by placing
relatively high in the competition, at least for an ANSI-standard
language.  I figure the top ten would be nice. In the process we'll
develop a reusable library for business application programming in Lisp
which can go into an archive somewhere.

Sending a team (max two developers) costs money; I estimate $2000.  I'm
putting up $200, and several people have already offered to match
that amount, so I think we'll make it.  Jim Veitch at Franz Inc. has
volunteered to be treasurer for the project; thanks Jim.  Once plans are
relatively firm (which competition to enter, who's going, etc.)  we'll
post an address to send contributions.

How can you help?  Three ways:

 1. We need two people to enter the competition.  You'll need to be an
 exceptionally fast coder, cool under pressure, with a couple of days to
 spare sometime later this year or early next, and a willingness to master
 the toolset we come up with.

 2. We need people to work on the toolset.

 3. We'll need money, eventually.

 If you sent me your address when the mailing list was proposed, you
should be  added to the list already.  If you are on the list, you should
have received an announcement. If you did not receive an announcement you
can subscribe by following the directions given above.

Thanks.