From: Joe Novosel
Subject: ilisp and xemacs 19.14
Is there anyone who uses the ilisp package with xemacs 19.14?

I have it but it doesn't seem to work correctly.  But I'm not sure what
correctly should look like.  The manual doesn't really tell either.
I am under the impression that it should like like lisp-interaction-mode,
but I am not sure.

Any help would be appreciated

--

-Joe Novosel (········@cc.gatech.edu)

From: Steven L Baur
Subject: Re: ilisp and xemacs 19.14

Joe> Is there anyone who uses the ilisp package with xemacs 19.14?  I
Joe> have it but it doesn't seem to work correctly.  But I'm not sure
Joe> what correctly should look like.  The manual doesn't really tell
Joe> either.  I am under the impression that it should like like
Joe> lisp-interaction-mode, but I am not sure.

What doesn't work about it?  ilisp is Inferior Lisp mode, and runs a
Lisp interpreter in an XEmacs buffer, and appears to work for me with
GNU Common Lisp.

--
·····@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be proofread for $250/hour.
From: Joe Novosel
Steven L Baur (·····@miranova.com) wrote:
: >>>>> "Joe" == Joe Novosel <········@cc.gatech.edu> writes:

: Joe> Is there anyone who uses the ilisp package with xemacs 19.14?  I
: Joe> have it but it doesn't seem to work correctly.  But I'm not sure
: Joe> what correctly should look like.  The manual doesn't really tell
: Joe> either.  I am under the impression that it should like like
: Joe> lisp-interaction-mode, but I am not sure.

: What doesn't work about it?  ilisp is Inferior Lisp mode, and runs a
: Lisp interpreter in an XEmacs buffer, and appears to work for me with
: GNU Common Lisp.

It does that, is that all it's supposed to do?
--

-Joe Novosel (········@cc.gatech.edu)
From: Steven L Baur

Joe> Is there anyone who uses the ilisp package with xemacs 19.14?  I
Joe> have it but it doesn't seem to work correctly. ...

sb> ... ilisp is Inferior Lisp mode, and runs a Lisp interpreter in an
sb> XEmacs buffer ...

Joe> It does that, is that all it's supposed to do?

Yup.  Use lisp-mode for editing lisp source files, if that's what you
were thinking of.
From: Daniel Poirot
On 25 Aug 1996 21:28:32 -0700, Steven L Baur <·····@miranova.com> wrote:
>Joe> Is there anyone who uses the ilisp package with xemacs 19.14?  I
>Joe> have it but it doesn't seem to work correctly. ...

>sb> ... ilisp is Inferior Lisp mode, and runs a Lisp interpreter in an
>sb> XEmacs buffer ...
>
>Joe> It does that, is that all it's supposed to do?

Another person who wants EMACS to be a Lisp Machine...

Franz Allegro running on Unix has a nice interface to EMACS, the FI
package.  Most of our former Symbolics hacks have adapted to it nicely.
It even has META-dot.

--
Daniel Poirot           ·············@jsc.nasa.gov
Metrica/NASA-JSC        http://tommy.jsc.nasa.gov/~poirot
From: Sunil Mishra
In article <··············@deanna.miranova.com> Steven L Baur <·····@miranova.com> writes:

\\ >>>>> "Joe" == Joe Novosel <········@cc.gatech.edu> writes:
\\
\\
\\ Joe> Is there anyone who uses the ilisp package with xemacs 19.14?  I
\\ Joe> have it but it doesn't seem to work correctly. ...
\\
\\ sb> ... ilisp is Inferior Lisp mode, and runs a Lisp interpreter in an
\\ sb> XEmacs buffer ...
\\
\\ Joe> It does that, is that all it's supposed to do?
\\
\\ Yup.  Use lisp-mode for editing lisp source files, if that's what you
\\ were thinking of.

Not quite, ilisp does provide a rather extensive interface to the
underlying lisp process. It also adds in a much nicer indenting facility
than the default lisp-mode one. The only complaint I have is that the keys
for tags-* operations are remapped.

Sunil