From: Petr Ledvina
Subject: Just another newbie
I am interrested in learning LISP and have nothing about it ..
Is here some page or FAQ about it?

Thanks ..
					Petr Ledvina
				  	········@kirke.zcu.cz

From: Marty Hall
Subject: Re: Just another newbie
In <·············@kirke.zcu.cz> Petr Ledvina <········@kirke.zcu.cz> writes:
>I am interrested in learning LISP and have nothing about it ..
>Is here some page or FAQ about it?

Several WWW pages and a good FAQ. At <http://www.apl.jhu.edu/~hall/lisp.html>
I keep links to the FAQ and to other Lisp pages of interest as well as
tutorial and reference material from my Hopkins classes, links to the
ANSI spec (KPM's at Harlequin), free implementations, etc.

Note also that there are some standard mechanisms for finding the FAQ
for a given Usenet newsgroup. One is to go to
ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/<groupname>. There is also dejanews and
the online page of Usenet FAQs. The latter two are available from the
"Usenet" section of <http://www.apl.jhu.edu/~hall/WWW/#Search>.

					- Marty
(proclaim '(inline skates))
From: Cyber Surfer
In article <·············@kirke.zcu.cz>
           ········@kirke.zcu.cz "Petr Ledvina" writes:

> I am interrested in learning LISP and have nothing about it ..
> Is here some page or FAQ about it?

It's just been posted to this newsgroup, so your timing was perfect. ;)
Alternately, you could try the copy on the web:
<URL:http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/project/ai-repository/ai/html/
faqs/lang/lisp/top.html>

Obviously, that should be all on one line, but it would be too long
so I broke it up into two lines.
--
<URL:http://www.enrapture.com/cybes/> You can never browse enough
I have it at last: 'And She Closed Her Eyes', by Stina Nordenstam