From: Thomas Olsson
Subject: CLOS and GCL?
Hello all,

My name is Thomas Olsson and I research at Staffordshire University in
the UK.  We have an AI group which among other things does some lisp
programming.  We have a number of plattforms available to us, including
DEC's, Sun's and SGi's.  We have gcl (2.2) and kcl installed on these
and do run them with TCL-TK.  The problem though is that we havent been
able to get a CLOS implementation going with them?!?

I did find the PCL files at xerox, and tried these with both the kcl and
the gcl, but with no luck.  The preference would be to run gcl and clos
together as this is a newer version, and is the system which is built on
all plattforms.

Is there anyone out there who has such a setup and could you in that
case give me any pointers?!?  If not, what lisp implementation would you
recomend us using, concidering money is an issue (education institute)
and we need an implementation that supports some sort of gui and clos.

Cheers for you help,
--
  Thomas Olsson, Researcher     http://www.soc.staffs.ac.uk/~cmrdto
  Staffordshire University      ·················@soc.staffs.ac.uk