From: Luiz Gadelha
Subject: CMU LISP for LINUX
I'm trying to install CMU LISP (v.17f) in a LINUX based PC. I already
have the source code but I'm having some trouble when I execute
compile-all. Would anyone who already had this experience help me? Are
there any binaries available for LINUX PC's?

Thanks in advance, Luiz.

---
Luiz M. R. Gadelha Jr.		E-mail: <·······@mat.unb.br>
Departamento de Matematica	URL: <http://www.mat.unb.br/~gadelha>
Universidade de Brasilia	Brasilia, DF, Brasil
From: Martin Cracauer
Subject: Re: CMU LISP for LINUX
Luiz Gadelha <·······@mat.unb.br> writes:

>I'm trying to install CMU LISP (v.17f) in a LINUX based PC. I already
>have the source code but I'm having some trouble when I execute

So you already have a working starup code (a Unix executable `lisp')?

>compile-all. Would anyone who already had this experience help me? Are

Without some error message given, it is hard to help. See my home page
for a document on how to recompile CMU CL.

>there any binaries available for LINUX PC's?

Excuse me, but to start compile-all, you obviously have to have a
working starup binary. Where did you get it from, if you haven't build
it yourself?

Bisides the starup Unix exeutable you need an Image.

In CMU CL, you can use the Object files of other Operating systems for
the same architecture. You should be able to use the BSD object files
under Linux, unless your Linux startup binary didn't something very
special.

Martin
--
Martin Cracauer <········@wavehh.hanse.de>  -  BSD User Group Hamburg