From: Clinton Hyde
Subject: CORBA and Lisp
apologies if this is a FAQ...I have little time for netnews these
days...

it appears I will be doing a CORBA interface for our NL program
sometime soon...

so I'm wondering, has anyone done a CORBA object adapter, the
underlying interface code, the IDL stuff, etc. for Lisp? I could swear
I remember two guys at Mitre saying they had a couple of years ago,
and that maybe someone at NEC also had, and would you/whoever be
willing to give away the code?

otherwise, I'm writing this stuff myself pretty soon. right now I'm
reading the book by the two guys at Mitre (which does mention CLOS as
one possible client language)...

I've read the earlier specs, back in 93, when it still wasn't ready
for prime-time. CORBA seems better now...

please reply direct, I'll summarize if there's enough interesting
info.

·····@bbn.com

 -- clint
--
Clint Hyde		"Give me a LispM or give me death!" -- anonymous

BBN			Internet:  <a ··················@bbn.com">·····@bbn.com</a>
Columbia, MD		(617) 873-3411
From: Bill Janssen
Subject: Re: CORBA and Lisp
In article <···················@panda.bbn.com> ·····@panda.bbn.com (Clinton Hyde) writes:

   so I'm wondering, has anyone done a CORBA object adapter, the
   underlying interface code, the IDL stuff, etc. for Lisp?

Yes, our ILU system supports Common Lisp.  See
ftp://ftp.parc.xerox.com/pub/ilu/ilu.html for details.  Use the 1.8
release for the moment, until I get the Common Lisp support ported
over to ILU 2.0.  The CL API to ILU won't change much if at all.

Bill
--
 Bill Janssen  <·······@parc.xerox.com> (415) 812-4763  FAX: (415) 812-4777
 Xerox Palo Alto Research Center, 3333 Coyote Hill Rd, Palo Alto, CA  94304