From: Cruise
Subject: Franz Lisp software.
Folks,

I want to copy a Franz Lisp program.
Would you tell me where can I get it via anonymous FTP sites ?

Best regards,

Cruise.

From: k p c
Subject: Re: Franz Lisp software.
Note the difference between Franz, who sell (and give away in certain
cases) Allegro Common Lisp implementations, and an old dialect of Lisp
called Franz.  If you mean the former, possibly their site is
franz.com (that is a guess).

If you post a followup to this article, I would appreciate a courtesy
verbatim copy by email to help work around potentially unreliable feeds.

---
···@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov.  AI, multidisciplinary neuroethology, info filtering.
Prescriptions are no more moral than ration slips for food, vitamins, or shoes.
From: Geoffrey Cuttle
k p c wrote:

> Note the difference between Franz, who sell (and give away in certain
> cases) Allegro Common Lisp implementations, and an old dialect of Lisp
> called Franz.  If you mean the former, possibly their site is
> franz.com (that is a guess).
>
> If you post a followup to this article, I would appreciate a courtesy
> verbatim copy by email to help work around potentially unreliable feeds.
>
> ---
> ···@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov.  AI, multidisciplinary neuroethology, info filtering.
> Prescriptions are no more moral than ration slips for food, vitamins, or shoes.
Yes, their site is franz.com and they market Allegro Common Lisp for
Windows.  Version 2.0 runs under Windows 3.1 but can also be run
under Windows 95,  and Version 3.0 is Windows 95 specific.  I have both
and very pleased with them.
Geoffrey Cuttle
Geoffrey & Elizabeth Cuttle   Email: ········@gcuttle.compulink.co.uk
New Lynwood,  Woodham Road       Or: ·······@cix.compulink.co.uk
WOKING                        Phone: 01483-762808
Surrey  GU21 4EN                Fax: 01483-829657
From: Karsten Poeck
In article <·············@gcuttle.compulink.co.uk>, Geoffrey Cuttle
<········@gcuttle.compulink.co.uk> wrote:

> Yes, their site is franz.com and they market Allegro Common Lisp for
> Windows.  Version 2.0 runs under Windows 3.1 but can also be run
> under Windows 95,  and Version 3.0 is Windows 95 specific.  I have both
No, it is not windows-95 specific, runs like a charm for our nt
server/clients too. Also I assume that www.franz.com might be a better url

Karsten

From: Marvin Moore
From: Dave Neubart

     You are correct, their web site is http://www.franz.com
From: Bill Dubuque
  From: Geoffrey Cuttle <········@gcuttle.compulink.co.uk>
  Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 23:56:30 +0100

  Yes, their site is franz.com and they market Allegro Common Lisp for
  Windows.  Version 2.0 runs under Windows 3.1 but can also be run
  under Windows 95,  and Version 3.0 is Windows 95 specific.  I have both
  and very pleased with them.

ACL/Win 3.0 is not Win95 specific. It is a Win32s app which means
of course that it runs on all Windows platforms (the ACL/Win
installation automatically installs Win32s when needed).